The term "school" refers to your client, a unique organization who receives book licenses. Schools may be assigned more than one book - for instance, a high school may produce a yearbook and a special sports year-in-review, or a single school may create separate books for their elementary and high school students.
Warning: You cannot create a school until you have created your first book product.
To add a new school (client), click on Manage schools on the left-side menu. Click on Add New School to create a new organization.
Complete the customer information form. Required information includes:
- School name - to simply identify your client on your roster
- School ID - the login that the school manager will use to access their book (no spaces or email addresses)
- Country - to determine if the school may be required to follow COPPA legislation for student online safety rules.
Other contact information is useful but optional:
- The school's primary contact person
- Their email address, phone number, and address
Before creating your school, ensure that you have entered the School Id correctly. It cannot be changed after the client has been created.
When the information has been completed, click Add New School.
If the School ID already exists in the Memento Yearbook list of customs, you will be prompted to change it to a unique name. Append the grade level of the school, the province or state, or the city to make it unique.
The new school will appear on your list of active clients - the books column will be empty since no license has been assigned. Learn how to assign a book to a school.